Open allClose all
The Course Old Believers: Russian Church Reforms of the 17th century
The goal of the course is to provide an overview of the reforms of Patriarch Nikon, their historical, socio-political and religious contexts, their consequences, to examine the emergence of the Old Believers.
The course fully in English.
• The course will be interesting for the students of history of Russia.
• This course will provide a good base for any one interested in Russian Orthodoxy, especially for people who are interested in learning about and discovering ancient piety and rites of the Russian Church.
• It is a interdisciplinary course in the fields of theology, Church history and general Russian history.
Supplementary Education Program «Foundations of Orthodoxy»
The first program of St.Tikhon's Orthodox University is developed especially for online education. The program «Foundations of Orthodoxy» is intended for adults wishing to get basic knowledge of the Orthodox tradition and to systematize their understanding of the Books the Old and the New Covenant, the Church history, dogmatic theology and sacred service. The program enables to get a deeper understanding of your role in the life of the Church.
Duration of the course is 15 weeks.
Supplementary Education Program «Theology»
The program «Theology» is intended for adults with university education and basic knowledge about Orthodoxy. Theology program enables to expand the knowledge of the Orthodox doctrine and Church tradition. The program includes the study of the Books of the Old and the New Covenant, sacred service and sacraments of the Orthodox Church, Church history, dogmatic theology, cannon law.
Duration of the course is 3.5 years.
Master's Degree Program «Theology. Orthodox theology and philosophy in modern discourse»
The only fully online master's degree program in theology in Russia. The program is intended for people with basic theological education wishing to get ready for practical church activities in the field of education and management.
Duration of the course is 2.5 years.
- Hagiology (The science of acts of courage of Christian world saints)
- Liturgical charter of the Orthodox Church
- History of Russian church singing
- History of Russian Orthodox Church
- New religious movements
- Church Slavonic language
- Academic writing
- English Christian Vocabulary